We’re a group of independent game developers and we don’t have the money to do anything with your data. “But you make video games, you have to have a lot of money.” At the beginning of this sentence there is a word called, “Independent” which means we have to make our money harder than other well-known and established Triple A Developers. We only collect and store information needed for us to communicate with you. The only thing we may do is splash Facebook Advertisements everywhere on your face.
Suprise, suprise! Yes, we do track you. But fear not! It’s only to stare at statistics relating to the website (we use the lovely Google Analytics for this). We also can see which page gets viewed the most and which don’t to where we can improve on those pages. We do track your IP address. We use something called, “Wordfence” for WordPress in order to track who comes here and sometimes to stop people from doing bad things. Like get our login information and hijack the website. We do get alerts if you try to sign-in on the website, if you request a new password (we’ll get to that later), or forgot something else.
Data. We do store things in our servers. We don’t actually care enough to go stare at everyone’s personal information but will get a good chuckle out of usernames.
- On this website:
- We store your name & e-mail address. That you provide. When signing up. With things like our forums. We will only keep track of your postal address and phone number if you win a giveaway that we actually have to send things to your front door.
- We go through the maximum effort to protect your data and it’s not even held on site. Only 3 people (currently) have access to this information. But two of them don’t even come on here enough to actually want to stalk you.
- We shouldn’t bother you with newsletters
- As we don’t have the time or money to set those things up and actually nag you to buy things from us. You do what you want, you’re a human being and we’re not your parents.
- We use daintily methods to keep your information safe and for passwords, we will only ever discard/stare at them is if you haven’t come and chatted with us for a long time because that’s not how friendships work. You’re a bad friend.
Alright, we don’t know where to go with this. If you’re here, you’ll never enter payment information on this website. We’ll use third-party websites or clients (like VALVe’s Steam) and they’ll sort that out. We earn less money like this, but money isn’t something we care for (though it is nice).
Marketing, E-mails, and Newsletters
We don’t use newsletters so I don’t even know why we’re including this in here. If you sign up for things like our Forums, we will obviously send you e-mails about confirmation and most likely if someone replies to your forum post. Maybe. We will usually not market things to you.
If you don’t feel like being associated with us anymore, that’s fine. Just shoot the e-mail over to Support and they’ll sort you out and delete you off the grid. Just an FYI, you won’t be able to post over on the forums as we need your e-mail address and name to know who you are if we need to ban you. 🙂
Yes, just as other companies do, we use social medias. Mostly, to allow you to know information about titles from us, or just to let you know what we’re doing cause sometimes it can get lonely. You aren’t required to follow our social media accounts, but you can if you’d like. They’re on the footer of this page.